Current Committee Members
Communications Committee Membermartirod@beaumont.org
Jessica Jones, Pharm.D.
Communications Committee Chair
Clinical Specialist - Critical Care
Beaumont - Dearborn
Statement of Purpose
This Committee shall be responsible for organizing and distributing the monthly newsletter, organizing teleconferences, and other web-enabled activities such as recording of the monthly CE meetings and providing members a mechanism for listening and completing the CE quiz on line.
This Committee will include at least two individuals including the SMSHP Webmaster and SMSHP Editor. Either individual may serve as Chair and Vice-Chair.
The official Society newsletter, the “Southeastern Update” is the most visible evidence of Society work to the general membership. The Board of Directors appoint the Editor for a period of two years, which may be renewed. A Co-Editor or “Editor” in training shall assist the Editor during the second year. The Co-Editor shall serve as Editor the following year. The Editor is a health-system pharmacist well motivated to perform efficiently and to meet all deadlines.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Stays abreast of the functions and activities of the Society Board, Committees, and members.
- Attends the meetings of the Board of Directors and membership to identify newsworthy events that are planned or have taken place.
- Coordinates the assignments and receipt of newsletter articles written by committees and Society members. Performs final editing and compilation of newsletter and web articles.
- Establishes an annual publications calendar for copy and mailing deadlines. Newsletters should arrive to membership no later than one week prior to general meetings.
- The “Southeastern Update” is published in January, February, March, April, May-August, September, October, and November.
- Updates committee charges annually.
- Maintain accurate financial records for cost of publication and mailing and maintenance of the website.
- Members of the Society may use the “Southeastern Update” to advertise health-system pharmacy positions. The cost for this service is $150.00 per issue, and cannot exceed 1/4 of a page. This cost will include publication on the SMSHP website for a period of 90 days.
Back to Committees