Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Select the “Sign up” button near the top-right of the SMSHP.org website. Create an account with a user name and password. When you click “Complete sign up,” you will be asked to indicate your membership type (Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Student, Vendor, or Resident). Select your membership option and you will be directed to the payment section. You may select to renew for 1 year or to renew with a recurring payment which will automatically pay each year.
How do I join the organization?
- If you are unable to pay online, you may complete the sign-up as mentioned above and indicate that you will pay by check at the meeting. A representative from the membership committee will be at each meeting.
How do I pay my dues if I can’t use my credit card online?
- If you are unable to sign in to the website, click on the link to “reset your password”. If you continue to have a problem, please contact the chair of the Communications and Website Committee.
Who should I contact if I can’t get into my membership account?
- You can renew your membership by clicking on “Membership Options” located in the drop down box under “My Account”. Select your membership option and you will be directed to the payment section. You may select to renew for 1 year or to renew with a recurring payment which will automatically pay each year.
How do I renew my membership?
- You will receive an e-mail through the SMSHP website to remind you to renew your membership.
Will I be notified when my membership needs to be renewed?
- There are a couple of things you can check. First, login to your SMSHP account and assure that your e-mail address is accurate. You may wish to change your e-mail from a work e-mail to a private e-mail to avoid any firewalls that employers may use. Second, you may check your spam/junk/clutter folders to see if you have received emails from LecturePanda. The e-mails are sent from: firstname.lastname@example.org. If none of these solutions work, please contact the chair of the Communications and Website Committee and they can assure that your e-mail is correct in our e-mail list.
I’m a member but I’m not receiving e-mails or LecturePanda invites for the meetings. What should I do?
- Log onto the SMSHP website and click on the event under “Next Event.” From there you should be directed to the Lecture Panda website to complete your registration. Remember to sign up no later than the Friday before the event.
If I don’t receive an email invitation or can’t find my invitation, how can I RSVP for the meeting and CE program?
- SMSHP meets on the second Wednesday of September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and May. We have a Technician seminar in the Spring (May).
When does the organization meet?
- The meetings are held at 3-4 locations throughout Metro Detroit. The location of each meeting is announced on the website and is included in the e-mailed event invitation.
Where are the meetings held?
- Invitations are sent 2 weeks before each meeting by email. The email will be from “LecturePanda.” After you click on the link and RSVP, you will receive the handout for the program and details of how to obtain the CE credits.
When are invitations sent for each meeting?
- Your RSVP allows the organization to provide the venue with an accurate count of attendees. In addition, when you RSVP through the LecturePanda e-mail, you will receive a follow-up e-mail with the information that you need to submit in order to obtain the CE credit for participating in the meeting.
Why do I need to RSVP for each meeting?
- At the CE program, you will be told an attendance code. You need to make note of that code. The day after the program, you will receive another e-mail from LecturePanda asking you for the code and providing the final documents you need to complete in order to get CE credit.
How do I obtain CE credit for the programs?
- You can go to your CPE Monitor on the NABP website to verify. The credit will be posted within 24 hours of the completion of your paperwork.
How do I know that I have received CE credit for a program?
- You may contact the Chair of the Continuing Education Committee.
Who do I contact if I have a question about my CE credit?
- SMSHP depends on its membership to run efficiently. Your active engagement on a committee is welcomed. If you would like to be on a committee please contact the President of the organization to express your interest.
How can I become involved with a committee?
- Two board members are elected each year. If you are interested, please contact the President or Past President.
How can I become a member of the Board of Directors of SMSHP?
- Ballots are compiled in September and distributed to the membership by early October. New officers and board members are inducted at the November Awards Meeting.
What is the voting process for officers for SMSHP?
- Each year in November, SMSHP presents the following awards at our annual banquet: Exemplary Student (WSU/UM), Student Research, Resident of the Year, Technician of the Year, Preceptor of the Year, Pharmacist of the Year, Community Service, Committee Service, and Innovative Practice. Check the website for nomination forms each year in September! A Resident CE Award is also available for residents looking for presentation opportunities. Be on the lookout for resident CE nomination forms each year in the spring!