SOUTHEASTERN MICHIGAN SOCIETY OF HEALTH-SYSTEM SYSTEM PHARMACISTS SOCIETY MISSION STATEMENT
The (SMSHP) is the regional association representing pharmacists and related personnel associated with organized health-care settings. The mission of the Society is to represent its members, to provide leadership, to provide membership services, to foster safe and rational drug use in society, and to serve as a catalyst for practice innovation enabling members to better serve the public interest and the profession. With this as a primary mission, the SMSHP is committed to:
- An organized approach to address the needs and concerns of Health-system pharmacists in Southeastern Michigan.
- The highest level of pharmaceutical practice by its members through establishment and maintenance of standards of professional ethics.
- Promote the rational use of medications within institutions, other organized health care settings, and the community.
- Address political and legislative issues that affect its members.
- Provide education programs to its members and to the community.
- Promote, support and disseminate results of research activities conducted within institutional practice.
- Recognize the achievements and/or contributions to the profession or the community by the members.
Back to About